Here is a step by step tutorial about how to install CM9 android 4.0.4 ROM on LG myTouch Q C800. T-mobile released this device, so it is also called T-Mobile myTouch Q. It offers a satisfying physical keyboard and a fast 4G data connection for people on a budget, 5-megapixel camera, 1GHz, and support for T-Mobile’s HSPA+ data network.
LG myTouch Q runs android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system , it didn’t receive Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update so far. So if you want to update your device to ICS, you need to flash custom ROM. Here is CM9 for your device.
1. Charge your LG myTouch Q up to 80% battery for successful completion of this process.
2. Disable all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus on your device and your computer.
3. Backup all your personnel items and other impotent data.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your LG myTouch Q.
5. Install the official USB driver for your device.
6. CWM recovery or TWRP recovery is installed on your device.
Note: we are not responsible for any damage to your device, do it at your own risk.
How to install CM9 on LG myTouch Q
1. Download CM9 zip file to your device.
2. Download Gapps to your device.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Now to get in the recovery Mode. Turn ON your device while pressing and holding the Volume Up button, Volume Down and Power buttons.
5. Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
6. In CWM Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” . Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
7. Perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” .
8. We recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
9. Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
10. Install CM9.
11. Install Gapps.
12. After the installation completes, Go Back and reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Wait for some minutes to make sure the installation is finished on LG myTouch Q, reboot your device, then you can enjoy android 4.0.4 on your device.