HTC One VX runs android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system originally, now its android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update is rolled out. Customers need to install Jelly Bean ROM manually. If the android 4.1.2 firmware update is available for your device, you will receive a notification on your device advising you of this update when you connect to Wi-Fi.
If you don’t receive the notification on your HTC One VX, you can also check for this update by pressing All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates. Once you install Jelly Bean on your device, the build number will be 2.21.502.1, the ROM update includes android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Google Now, HTC Sense 4+ and AT&T LTE Enhancements.
1. Charge your HTC One VX up to a minimum or 80% battery for successful completion of this process.
2. Connect the device to a charger and make sure the battery is charged to at least 30%
3. Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to download the software file
4. Install the official USB driver for your HTC One VX.
How to install Jelly Bean update on HTC One VX
1. From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
2. Tap AT&T Software Update.
3. Tap Check for updates.
4. Tap OK to download the update.
5. After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process.
6. The status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
7. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down menu. Tap the System update notification to begin the upgrade process.
8. Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.21.502.1.
9. The device will reboot and begin installation. You will not be able to use your device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
10. System update complete. Tap OK to continue
Install android 4.1.2 on HTC One VX manually
1. Download and save the HTC One VX for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
3. If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One VX for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
7. Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
8. Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
Once you installed android 4.1.2 update on HTC One VX, check the build number is 2.21.502.1, then you have done it!