Here is a tutorial about how to install TWRP touch recovery on HTC Butterfly S. Maybe you are not familiar enough with TWRP recovery, it is know as Team Win Recovery Project, it is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Here is the latest TWRP 220.127.116.11.
If you want to root HTC Butterfly S and meet unexpected problem, you may brick your cellphone, if it happens, you will need to install TWRP touch recovery for your device first. Because you can back up your device easily using this tool. If you want to install new custom ROMs on HTC butterfly S, you will also need the TWRPTouch Recovery. Install it by the following steps.
1. Charge your HTC butterfly S up to a minimum or 80% battery for successful completion of this process.
2. Disable all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus on your device and your computer.
3. Backup all your personnel items and other impotent data.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
5. Unlocked bootloader. See how to unlock bootloader on HTC butterfly S.
Note: we are not responsible for any damage to your device, do it at your own risk
Install TWRP Touch Recovery for HTC butterfly S
1. Download TWRP Touch Recovery.
2. Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
3. Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
4. From fastboot. Use command “fastboot erase cache”
5. From fastboot. Use command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
The TWRP Touch Recovery has been installed on HTC butterfly S, now just make yourself easy to root and install custom ROM on your device.