LG Optimus F3 will be available at T-Mobile soon, it has been available at other carriers. Today we will give a useful tutorial about how to root this device, some users have tried this root guide and it worked. So I share this great information here.
Today we will show you the way to root LG Optimus F3 using Motochopper. You must have a working Android Tools setup on Windows, Linux and Mac before running motochopper or it will fail, Ubuntu / Debian users can install Android Tools only for this purpose from WebUpd8 PPA :
1. Charge your LG Optimus F3 up to 80% battery for successful completion of this process.
2. Disable all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus on your device and your computer.
3. Backup all your personnel items and other impotent data.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your LG Optimus F3.
5. Download and install official USB driver and ADB driver.
Note: we are not responsible for any damage to your device, do it at your own risk.
# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
Note: fastboot is not needed for running motochopper. adb is !!!
Then, to be sure you have a working setup, please run :
# sudo adb devices
it should output something like this in your terminal:
# sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
And don’t forget to enable USB debugging on your LG Optimus F3
Then, execute the run.sh motochochopper script like that when you’re inside its folder:
How to root LG Optimus F3
1. Download extract the Motochopper zip file
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
4. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.
By this means, LG Optimus F3 is rooted successfully. You don’t need to unlock bootloader. So it is the eaiest way to root your device.