Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 just received android 4.2.2 XXCMG2 firmware update officially, here is a step by step tutorial about how to install android 4.2.2 on your tablets.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 runs android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system originally, customers can update its firmware to the latest version. This tablet comes with 5MP rear-facing camera, it is not the best, because some android devices have 13MP camera. However, its CPU is excellent as Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9.
The firmware update process for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will delete all data stored in device and SD card. Make sure back up all data for your device.
1. Charge your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 up to a minimum or 80% battery for successful completion of this process.
2. Disable all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and your computer.
3. Backup all your personnel items and other impotent data.
4. Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
5. Install the official USB driver for your device.
Note: we are not responsible for any damage to your device, do it at your own risk.
Install XXCMG2 android 4.2.2 update on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0:
1.Download the update file: N5110XXCMG2 .rar
2. Unzip the file
3. Open Odin 3.07
4. Press and hold Home button, Power button and Volume down buttons at the same time.
5. Connect your device and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
6. click CODE and select “CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar”
7. click on CSC button and select “CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship .tar”
8. Add kona_wifi.pit to PIT
9. Make sure re-partition is ticked
10.Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
There are many new feautres in android 4.2.2 XXCMG2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, for example, the battery life looks to be better, more optimised and fast the TouchWiz, and so on.